Big Show, Small Town Hospitality
Dates: October 14 & 15, 2017
Times: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Come celebrate our 14th year, as the Arts Festival of Carrollton rolls out the red carpet for fine artists from across the United States. Organized by the Carrollton Artist Guild and the Art Center, this upscale arts festival features an artist market of over 70 visual artists, two days of wonderful entertainment, youth art stops and exhibits, and other roving guest artists, such as the popular Mark Abbati of Joy Unspeakable Living Sculpture, throughout the festival. This year’s festival will welcome food trucks, and so much more. Don’t miss taking part in this wonderful community event.
Patron Purchase Awards
You are invited to support the artists of The Arts Festival of Carrollton by making a financial commitment to purchase art from the exhibits featured at the festival. The Patron Purchase Award program has been highly received by our community. It is a fun, win-win program that benefits the artists and the patrons equally. There are no commissions on these awards. However, knowing that a large sum of art is pre-sold through the Patron’s Purchase program encourages the nation’s finest artists to participate in The Arts Festival of Carrollton. It is why many artists call us the “most artist friendly show in the country.”
PARTICIPATION IS EASY
- Awards can be purchased at the Arts Center. Each award is worth $50.
- You will be invited to attend The Patrons’ Purchase cocktail reception party to meet the artists on Friday evening Oct. 13 from 5:00-7:00.
- Drop by the Oasis tent at the festival on October 14th and pick up your Arts Festival ribbon and Art Bucks.
- Visit all the artists’ booths.
- Select the one piece of extraordinary art you love and use your Art Bucks to purchase it.*
- Present the artist with the Arts Festival award ribbon.
- We will reimburse the artists for the Art Bucks, so no one is out any money!
- Artwork must be purchased by 1:00 PM on Sunday.
- Unclaimed awards will be assumed to be donations and will be used to purchase art for the Arts Center.
- Art Bucks are not redeemable after the festival ends.
- Enjoy your artwork and Thank You for participating. *The Art Bucks must be exchanged for the full $50 value. The remainder of the price is the responsibility of the patron if the value of the artwork is higher than $50. Change cannot be given in exchange for Art Bucks purchases.For more information call 770-838-1083 or stop by the Arts Center.
Load In and Award For Artists:
CHECK IN AND SET UP: We will be at the art center at 9:00 a.m. on Friday to begin check in. Please have your picture ID. Most vehicles can drive on to the site for easy unloading. Please bring your weights, as many booths are on concrete. But not to worry, if you forget or need more, the Theatre Department has a ton of them (literally) to loan you. If you are in a grassy area you may use stakes anywhere utility lines are not marked. Close by Artist Parking Directions will be provided in your check-in packet. We have volunteers on site throughout the day and through the night. If you are delayed, give us a call (770-838-1083) for evening and late night set up arrangements. Artists who need to setup early on Saturday morning, instead, are more that welcome to do so.
$6250 in Cash Awards:
- Best in show $1500
- Best in Art $500
- Best in Craft $500
- Jennifer Thomas Award $500
- Robert Roller Award $250
- 15 merit Awards $200 each
- Thousands more in Patron/Corporate Purchase Awards
- Extensive Multi-Media Advertising
- Host Families for Artist upon request
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- 24 hour security
- Friday night cocktail party
- Artist Guild covered dish dinner (Saturday Night)
- After dinner “Open Stage” live entertainment
- Volunteers to assist as booth sitters and with breakdown and loading